Monday 14 December 2015

A year of Damian Highs!


As we come to the end of 2015 I want to reflect what this year has brought to us all 

In January we saw Wolf Hall premier in the UK - I won't ever forget that it was my husbands birthday and we were at the theatre that night seeing Jersey boy (He's a fan bless him) and I remember looking at my watch thinking to myself how I wish I was at home watching Wolf Hall!!!!!  Wolf Hall was one of the highlights of the year.




In February Damian attended the Berlin Film Festival with the cast of Queen of the Desert, along with Nicole Kidman.


In March a friend and I had a fantastic night watching the ITV jonathan Ross show being filmed while Damian was one of the guests - it was so funny watching him being interviewd and when we watched the edited version I couldn't believe how much they took out! was so glad I got to see the original 


In May my lovely friend Sabrina came over from Germany (damian-lewis.com) and we went to see American Buffalo at the theatre, it was so brilliant to see Damian Live and on the stage, I have seen him in so many TV films and shows but this was the first time I was able to see him live and it was fantastic!

In June Sabrina came back from Germany to watch American Buffalo one last time before it finished and we were invited to meet Damian in the Green Room after the show. It was just wonderful to meet him and chat to him for a while and wish him lots of luck with the Billions project



In September my best friend and I took the day off and went to the cinema to see Bill - yes we were the only people in the cinema and we had popcorn and sweets at 11am - but it was a great film and even though Damian, who played Sir Richard Hawkins, was in it for a short time at the start and end it was a great film.


Also in September Queen of the desert was released and Sabrina was able to go and see it in Germany! I am still patiently waiting!!!!!!!

In October Damian was a very special guest at the New York Festival, where he was interviewed by Lauren Collins.

December and only a few days ago we found out that Damian is up for a Golden Globe for his staring role in Wolf Hall as best supporting actor which will be announced on January 10th in LA.  We wish Damian lots of luck and congratulations on the nomination.

Its been one hell of a brilliant year and I cannot wait for 2016
Starting with January to see Billions
A new Series of Wolf Hall
The release of Our Kind of Traitor 


Bring on 2016, we will be there all the way!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment